St. Anthony East Neighborhood Association (SAENA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is dedicated to building relationships with community members of the St. Anthony East neighborhood and empowering them to invest and engage with their neighborhood. Summer St. Garden is located at 1001 Central Ave NE Minneapolis.
The Garden Coordinator will take a lead role in organizing and coordinating all Summer St. Garden operations. The Garden Coordinator is a part-time contract position that will work 20 hours a month. Evening and weekends are required. Contract Term: Mid February 2023- November 2023.
The Coordinator’s deliverables are the following:
- Manage garden registration and update admin documents regularly with new information through the season (ex: work day attendance).
- Work with the Executive Director to organize and facilitate Garden Leadership Committee meetings (about 2 meetings per season) and independently correspond over email between meetings with the committee seeking clarification on projects to complete during garden work days throughout the season.
- Organize all and attend most garden work days, co-coordinate garden workday projects with garden workday leader, procure supplies with assistance from Executive Director prior to workdays (ex: mulch needed for a project, new hoses, etc.)
- Send reminder emails prior to every garden workday session (about 10 per season) to confirm attendance of gardeners and project list for the workday.
- Follow up with community gardeners individually if they have not paid dues, have not been attending work days they signed up for, have not signed up for work days, or are in violation of garden bylaws.
- Communicate at least monthly with the Executive Director about the progress of the garden and any needs that occur.
How to Apply:
Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com