The Garden Coordinator will take a lead role in organizing and coordinating all Summer St. Garden operations. The Garden Coordinator is a part-time contract position that will work 20 hours a month. Evening (6:00PM-8:00 pm) and Saturday 10:00 AM-12:00 PM are required. Contract Term: March 2024- November 2024
The Coordinator’s deliverables are the following:
- Manage garden registration and update admin documents regularly with new information through the season (ex: work day attendance).
- Work with the Executive Director to organize and facilitate Garden Leadership Committee meetings (about 2 meetings per season) and independently correspond over email between meetings with the committee seeking clarification on projects to complete during garden work days throughout the season.
- Organize all and attend most garden work days, co-coordinate garden workday projects with garden workday leader, procure supplies with assistance from Executive Director prior to workdays (ex: mulch needed for a project, new hoses, etc.)
- Send reminder emails prior to every garden workday session (about 10 per season) to confirm attendance of gardeners and project list for the workday.
- Follow up with community gardeners individually if they have not paid dues, have not been attending work days they signed up for, have not signed up for work days, or are in violation of garden bylaws.
- Tending to the rain garden and being mentored by knowledgeable community residents.
- Communicate at least monthly with the Executive Director about the progress of the garden and any needs that occur.
Skills & Qualifications
- Interest in organic vegetable gardening, food justice, garden education
- Experience and confidence facilitating group activities, workshops, and community gatherings for individuals of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Ability to clearly, effectively, and regularly communicate via email and phone with VGN staff, property managers and resident gardeners
- Proficient in Google Workplace, including word processing documents and managing spreadsheets
- Quick learner, able and willing to work independently to deliver garden education programming
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and two professional reference to:
Marion Arita Executive Director email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until February 24 at 5 p.m