St. Anthony East Neighborhood Association is in search of its next Executive Director. Are you or someone you know interested in leading a close-knit residential community in the heart of the Northeast?
SAENA’s mission is to empower people to invest, engage, and connect in the St. Anthony East neighborhood in Northeast Minneapolis. SAENA’s current mission-driven priorities include (1) setting strategic community engagement and outreach; (2) enhancing the neighborhood park and garden owned and operated by SAENA; and (3) improving transportation and mobility.
The Executive Director manages and implements the day-to-day administration of the organization, key programs, and on-going projects for St. Anthony East Neighborhood Association (SAENA). Other key responsibilities include community engagement , partnership coordination, and strategic planning. In this role the Executive Director will work directly with the SAENA Board of Directors (Board) to set strategic direction for the organization. SAENA does not have an office so the selected candidate has the opportunity to work remotely and regularly engage with people in the neighborhood.
SEANA is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to building relationships with community members and supporting neighborhood vitality. As the second smallest neighborhood in Minneapolis, St. Anthony East is home to just over 2,000 residents with a median household income of $47,000. Sixty-one percent of households in St. Anthony East are renter-occupied and 30% of residents are people of color. SAENA is dedicated to engaging underrepresented groups within the neighborhood and coordinates and collaborates with adjacent neighborhoods, City of Minneapolis, Hennepin County, and other critical public agency partners.
SAENA is a place where you can build and enhance your own professional skills, expand your network, and learn how cities operate, all while engaging and connecting with community members to create a vibrant place for people to live, work, and play. In this role you have the opportunity to help shape the vision and strategic path forward based on neighborhood input and coordination with partners.
SAENA’s Executive Director will:
Lead with Good Governance
Board of Directors
- Oversee the operations and administration of the Board, including strategic
- planning, board training and development, meeting preparation, and other
- duties requested by the Board
- Support Board created committees and task forces including, but not limited to, Executive, Governance, Finance and Membership committees
- Assist Board to implement the organization’s financial requirements, policies, and procedures, especially as it relates to obligations as a 501c3
- Assist the Board to execute administrative functions and act as a liaison in communication between residents/stakeholders, BOD, and the City of Minneapolis
Manage SAENA Daily Operations
- Manage all incoming and outgoing communications via phone, email, social media, mailings, website
- Coordinate with vendors regarding service requests, invoices, etc.
- Maintain organized system of all records, files, and databases
- Engagement & Outreach
- In collaboration with the Board, develop and implement community engagement and outreach strategies that engage all diverse members of the community and ensure equity and inclusion in representation and participation
- Manage marketing activities, such as submitting notices of upcoming events to the community newspapers, develop and distribute electronic messaging, digital communications, brochures, flyers, door hangers, business cards, etc.
- Recruit, support, and direct volunteers for SAENA programs and events
- Plan, coordinate, and execute neighborhood events with volunteers
- Develop and maintain community partnerships with other community organizations, local non-profits, program partners, neighborhood stakeholders, and City of Minneapolis officials and represent SAENA at relevant public meetings as needed
- Support and guide the overall financial health of the organization along with the Board
- Manage the organization’s budget which ranges from $100,000-$150,000 per year
- Work with the SAENA Treasurer to ensure timely submission of all annual filings, such as the 990 tax forms, MN Attorney General Annual Report, MN Secretary of State Annual Renewal, etc.
- Work with the SAENA Treasurer and/or Bookkeeper to maintain financial records, execute timely payments of bills and invoices, pay property taxes, handle insurance renewals and other insurance issues, manage city contracts, and coordinate other activities as needed
- Collaborate with the Board to develop, adopt, and implement a fundraising strategy that includes individual giving, earned income, grants, contracts, and support from local businesses
- Program and Project Management
- Manage and implement priority programs and projects including Community Commons Park, Summer Street Community Garden, 4 Corners Collaborative (an initiative to explore partnership/merger opportunities with surrounding neighborhood organizations), and Transportation & Mobility
- Effectively work with multiple stakeholders to ensure successful projects with established scopes, timelines, and budgets
What You Will Bring to SAENA
- Empathy to listen and drive to improve community engagement and investment within Northeast Minneapolis
- Organization, adaptability, and flexibility
- 2-3 years of work experience, preferably leading projects or programs
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in communications, public policy, finance, and/or management or equivalent work experience including 3+ years in a management role, neighborhood organization, or similar type of work
- Knowledge of non profit organizations and familiarity with Minneapolis’ neighborhood organizations or willingness to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication, including facilitation and public presentation skills
- Ability to balance management of daily tasks while maintaining a strategic perspective
- Drive to build lasting relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to build and sustain an inclusive culture and environment within the organization and the neighborhood
What SAENA Can Offer You:
- Starting Salary Range: $55,000- $62,000
- Contribution to a Health Reimbursement Account to help cover the costs of personal health insurance plans
- Employer matched contribution of up to 3% to a SEP IRA
- 14 days of vacation and 7 sick days per year
- Flexible work environment
- 13 paid holidays
- Commitment to Equity
- Opportunity to influence the strategy of a mission-driven neighborhood organization
How to Apply:
- Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com by April 24, 2022
- Interviews will be scheduled after April 24, 2022