St. Anthony East Neighborhood Association
Monday, October 26, 2009
Webster School Room 116
In Attendance: Claryese Nelson, Jeremy Wieland, Sylvia Radford, Jana Huffman, Taras Karkoc, Cheyenne Erickson, Kristi MacKay, Blaine Muyers
Treasurer – Taras Karkoc
– Meeting called to order at 7:05pm.
– Motion to adopt the minutes (September 2009).
– Treasurer’s update: $1320.00 to Kristi MacKay, $575.25 to Streiff Lawn Management, $400.00 to Lurie Besikoff, $52.14 to Qwest. Jana Huffman made a motion to approve the report, which was seconded by Sylvia Radford.
2PAC Update – Blaine Muyers
– 2PAC became a non-profit organization (501C3) after a vote at the last meeting.
CARE Meeting –
– There was nothing to report.
Adams Street NE Project –
– Susan Burns was delegated to invite owners of cited properties to SAENA meetings to let them know we are here to help.
– Strategies were discussed regarding maintaining good relationships with SAE businesses.
– Susan Burns and Jana Huffman have been working on a 2009-10 St. Anthony East Neighborhood Policing Plan. Jana Huffman presented a draft to board members.
Cheyenne Erickson (Diane Hofstede’s Office)–
– Presented a list of all property owners on the 600 and 700 blocks of Adams St. NE. Some properties listed past citations. She will update the list as available.
– A Housing Inspection representative should be at the next SAENA meeting (November 23). It was also suggested that clarification of utilizing 311 should be added to a future agenda. It is vital that the neighborhood be made aware of these agenda items.
Dog Park – Taras Karkoc
– There was discussion regarding the bids that Taras Karkoc has received.
– An informational postcard or newsletter should be sent out to all residents of SAE.
NRP Phase II
– Clareyse Nelson will call Joe Horan and work with Taras Karkoc on the
Phase II report.
– The deferred loan program seems to be a good idea for Phase II money.
Adjourn: 7:57 pm