St. Anthony East Neighborhood Association
Monday, January 25, 2010
Webster School Room 116
In Attendance: Tom Hoch, Clareyse Nelson, Sylvia Radford, Jana Huffman, Taras Karkoc, Kristi MacKay, Blaine Muyers, Diane Hofstede, Jeremy Weiland
President – Tom Hoch
– Meeting called to order at 7:05pm.
– Taras Karkoc made a motion to adopt the November minutes. Sylvia Radford seconded the motion. The November minutes are adopted.
Treasurer – Taras Karkoc
– Taxes were paid out of the Park Fund. (total: $1406.76)
– Qwest was paid $52.13 out of the NRP fund.
– Sylvia Radford made a motion to adopt the treasurer’s report. Jana Huffman seconded. Motion carried.
City Planning Meeting – Jeremy Weiland
– Ideas were generated for presentation at the Neighborhood City Planning Meeting that Jeremy will attend this week.
– Ideas included the following:
– Preserve and improve access to those natural amenities already available in SAE.
– Improve the use and accessibility of the riverfront on the Eastside of the Mississippi.
– Address the importance of pedestrian and bicycle friendly connections to other trails and accessibility to parklands.
– Put in place a plan for preserving and maintaining a green canopy for the neighborhood.
– Diane Hofstede talked about the importance of SAE’s input.
Tree Trust – Tom Hoch
– Tom will look into this for discussion at a future meeting.
Revolving Loan Fund –
– Claryese Nelson made a motion to approve the release of $75,000.00 to be made available for home improvements in SAE, consistent with the existing guidelines. Sylvia Radford seconded the motion. Motion carried.
– Discussion of NRP Phase II and Dog Park should be handled at the February meeting. The neighborhood will need to vote on the plan created by the board; most likely this will take place at the annual meeting in June.
– Use of 311 and Housing Inspections should be scheduled for the March meeting. A postcard advertising this meeting should be sent out to the neighborhood.
Clean Sweep of Adams Street NE
– Discussion of a possible time frame (and publicity for the event) should be handled at a future meeting.
Monitoring of SAE Blocks
– There needs to be a redistribution of blocks that board members will be responsible for monitoring and reporting. This will be handled at the next meeting. Kristi will have maps available.
Meeting adjourned: 8:36pm