Is your home in need of critical repairs or painting? Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity can help! Applications for the “A Brush With Kindness” program are now open!
What is A Brush with Kindness? We believe that every family should have the opportunity to affordably maintain and preserve their home. But many situations can create barriers for you to keep up with repairs, including unexpected life events or loss of income. Our paint and repair program provides health and safety repairs that can help you maintain a safe and stable home. That’s why more than 2,000 local families have partnered with Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity’s A Brush with Kindness program!
The “A Brush with Kindness” program focuses on exterior painting, and health and safety repairs. Their home repair program utilizes a combination of volunteers and contractors to help homeowners affordably maintain their homes.
Go to https://home.tchabitat.org/home-repair to apply and learn more! Please note, the deadline to apply is: November 4, 2019, by 4:00 p.m.
Homeowners with roofing needs are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as roofing resources and funds are limited – roofing projects will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Work will start on accepted projects in May 2020, weather cooperating.
If you submit an eligible application, staff will visit your home to understand your repair needs. Habitat staff, volunteers and/or contractors will complete projects within one year of your application.
What we do:
- Exterior Painting
- Carpentry repairs on roofing, siding, flooring, doors, windows
- Mechanical system repairs to plumbing, electrical, heating
- Tree trimming and removal
- Safety and accessibility modifications (ramps, grab bars, ADA toilets, lever-handles for doors and faucets)
What we don’t do:
- Emergency repairs
- Driveway Paving
- Cosmetic repairs (Remodel)
- Large Structural repairs (Foundations, waterproofing, etc.)
- Building additions (Rebuild garage, finish basements or attics)
Homeowners are eligible if:
- Home is in 7-county Twin Cities metro area
- Owner occupied for at least the last 2 years and have homeowners insurance
- Household income below 80% of Twin Cities median income (e.g. household size of 2 = $57,550 maximum income – see our webpage for more examples: https://home.tchabitat.org/home-repair-eligibility)
- Cannot have received assistance through ABWK in the past 2 years
How much will this cost?
A Brush with Kindness repairs are affordable. You have two repayment options:
1) 2-year, monthly repayment plan that is customized for your affordability
- Payments dependent on ability to repay, but will not exceed $250 per month. Discount if you select this option!
2) 10-year forgivable mortgage, no monthly payments
- Mortgage amount declines by 1/10 each year
Please call 612-788-8169 with any questions you might have about the program, the application process, or if you require assistance filling out an application.