Police Advisory – 2nd Precinct
March 9, 2010
Be Alert – and Curb the Opportunities for Crime
Warm weather increases the opportunities for crime. Therefore, the 2nd Precinct wants to remind you to do several things to decrease the opportunity for crime:
- Bring in your valuables inside – do not leave valuables unattended or unsecured on your property, in your vehicle, or in public spaces.
- Lock your bike to something stationary even if you are at home or just leaving if for a quick trip in a store.
- Lock your doors and windows, including the doors and windows to your garage and automobiles.
- Know your neighbors and watch out for each other.
- Keep your property well-lit during evening hours.
- Form or revitalize your block club (For information about block club training which is being offered, call 673-2874)
- Call 911 if you see juveniles out past curfew.
- Call 911 if you have doubts about the behavior which you see, such as people walking down the middle of the street and checking the cars. Please call 911 first, not the precinct or 311, as officers are dispatched by 911 and we may be able to stop a crime from occurring. But, they can only do this if you call 911.
Curfew: It’s the Law!
|Age||Weekdays||Friday and Saturday|
|Under 12||Home by 9:00 p.m.||Home by 10:00 p.m.|
|12 to 14||Home by 10:00 p.m.||Home by 11:00 p.m.|
|15 to 17||Home by 11:00 p.m.||Home by Midnight|