Donate your gently used men’s, women’s and children’s swimsuits at the nearest Minneapolis park facility
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation (MPRB) wants all park visitors to be able to use and enjoy Jim Lupient and North Commons Water Parks and the Weber Natural Swimming Pool (Webber NSP). Appropriate swimwear (no shorts or underwear, men’s and boy’s swimsuits must have a liner) is required at these facilities to help keep water clean and safe for all users, and park staff realize that can be a barrier for some swimmers.
The MPRB just launched the Minneapolis Parks Swimsuit Drive to collect new or gently used men’s, women’s or children’s swimsuits and help more people enjoy swimming this summer. Here’s how it works:
- New and gently used swimsuits are being collected May 8-Sept 4 (Labor Day)
- You can donate swimsuits at all 47 MPRB recreation centers, MPRB headquarters and, once they are open, North Commons and Jim Lupient Water Parks and Webber NSP.
- Starting this summer, patrons can come to Lupient, North Commons and Webber NSP and receive a swimsuit at no cost.
- The suit is theirs to keep and use for the season.
- Swimsuit size availability depends on supply.
- There will also be a limited number of burkinis available for those who request one.
Stop by a Minneapolis park facility near you and donate today to help keep the city swimming!